Followers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Father and Daughter recollection...

Hello and Happy “1st” day of summer crafty peeps!
Before I show you my card, I would like to tell you a little bit about it. Firstly, it is one of many adorable famous illustrators’ children images from Nicecrane Designs.
 
This particular image is from the “Sweet Twelvetrees Babies Collagesheet". You simply print onto your own papers or other medium for your cards, ATCs, altered books and boxes, decoupage, ornaments, tags, assemblage, scrapbooking and other paper crafts.
 
When I first saw this adorable image I had an instant personal attachment to it.  I coloured the image with my Copic markers, and the sentiment and inside message is completely personal between my Father and I, which I will explain after you see the card; so without further ado….
 
 
This picture isn’t the greatest, but it will have to do because my husband’s camera, which just so happens to be the best camera, wasn’t available at the time I needed to take this photo.
 
A closer look...
 
 
One of the nice things about most of the images that can be purchased from Nicecrane Designs, is the fact that many of the images show shadowed areas. Thus taking out all the guess work when it comes to figuring out exactly where you need to add darker hues for the necessary dimension. Don’t get me wrong though, you still need to know how to use your markers, but it helps when you see the areas, and aids as a way to learn at the same time. I hope that makes sense?
The inside message...
 
My Father was a fire fighter for 31 years, and I use to play with his dress uniform and old boots when I was a kid. The only difference though, was I wanted to grow up and be a police officer, not a fire fighter. So now perhaps you understand the message.
So, that’s it for today, but just to let you know, I’ve made another card using another image from Nicecrane Designs, but I want to get out and enjoy some of this sunshine. So you’ll just have to pop back in tomorrow or Saturday. Until then, take good care and thanks for stopping by.
JS
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great card, Sandra! That's such a cute image! So glad you shared the story behind it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Sandra!!
    love the image and the story behind:-)
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute Sandra,,,,and what a adorable story,,,,,,,horayyyyy for a funny police officer,,,,,,what a great work with my Twelevetrees pict,,,,,Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Sandra!!! Your card is not just a card, there' a piece of history behind it! I'm sure your dad loved it, it's spectacular! Your colouring is awesome and, obviously, the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Sandra! I love the design & DP you used! Great sentiment inside & out! Cute stars, too! But what I love most is that darling image, which you colored beautifully! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Sandra with that adorable image and great colouring but the sentiment is the thing that makes it so wonderful, especially with the background story!
    So, off across the pond again? Where are you going on this trip? Can't wait to see the photos - I'm heading back for a visit at the end of August. And of course I'm very happy for you getting to see "the man" again - a bit envious too but mostly happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, Love what you have created and made a super special card for your Dad. Wonderful sentiments. Nicecrane image is the cutest and you sure colored it beautifully.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete