Followers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just swimming by to say Hi !

Hello and happy Thursday all you crafty peeps!
I have another card to share with you this week, and this one is for the regular Twisted Thursday challenge over at the Outlawz.

As you know we’ve been celebrating our 2000 member with a party, and in case you haven’t heard it has been extended for another week. So you still have time to participate, but you better get started because everything concludes on July 7th.  


Now on to our regular challenge…this week we are having our usual “Anything Goes” challenge and this week it’s a fishing twist.

I didn’t have any fishing images among my stash, but what I did have was this absolutely adorable little mermaid from A Day for Daisies

A wee while ago I purchased several digital images from ADFD, and as a result I was privileged to receive a bundle of images that included this cutie. 
Don’t you think she’s the most adorable fish you’ve ever seen, I know I do.





I coloured her with my Copic markers. I thought about creating an underwater scene, but I was a little pressed for time. If you notice I also created some texture to her fin and shell by using my colourless blender, a sort of mottled appearance if you will.




What I did do though was emboss white cardstock with my swirly Cuddlebug embossing folder. Next I cut some of the top off as if they’re rolling waves. I chalked the raised section of the embossed portion, added some stickles, clear mini round gems, and various coloured pearls to her hair.  



I am just getting in under the wire so to speak, but I noticed that coincidentally ADFD has a challenge going on categorized “texture”. I think this card qualifies for that so I think I will enter it there.
I hope you drop by the Outlawz and show us your fishing creations or your where in the world creations if you haven’t already done so. Better yet, both. Thanks for stopping by J







2 comments:

  1. WOW, all the texture!!!! Your image is coloured so beautifully and I guess it was a tough job cutting around it, lol!!!! I love the texture you gave to the tail and shell, very creative! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet Sandra, great colouring and colouring, wtg on the win, fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete