Followers

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Long awaited first sign of spring...

Hi crafty friends. 

Before I show you my card today I would like to share a quick little story. My girlfriend Charlene and I have been playing a little game that we call "Robin Tag". I'm not sure how it came to be, but the two of us try to be the first to spy a Robin every spring.  If you do, you then have to take a picture of it as evidence, and then email it to other person in order to win the game. 
This is the third year we have been playing, and I so far have been the reigning champ 
(insert applause here), thank you very much. 

Unfortunately I must relinquish my crown to my friend this year as she was the one to spy the first Robin this year. I actually heard mine a day or two ago, but I just couldn't find it until this morning. I opened the blinds at the back of the house, and there she/he was just sitting on the fence. I am sure it was contemplating how in the world it was going to eat today given the fact the the ground was still covered in that white stuff and was  a chilly -11 degrees Celsius. So I  guess the early bird doesn't necessarily always get the worm does it? LOL.  
Does anyone know where you can buy worms at this time of the year?


Lil' Robin Red Breast
Honourable Mention 2012

Without further ado, Congratulation Charlene!

Ok, now on to my card. If you remember I told you that I had a guest design team spot over at The Outlawz.  I'm a part of the group challenge called "Creative Freebies", As a guest design team member I am given two digital images that are created by two talented digi artists; Sandi Huggett and Anne Fenton every two weeks. I must use one or both images in a creative fashion which is then posted as inspiration for others onto the website.

For my second design I used an image created by Anne Fenton.  I coloured the image using my Copic markers and then created a birthday card for my dear friend Mary. 


I spent the day with my friend Mary and she loved her card. Thanks Anne for the lovely image, I enjoyed creating with it. 



Well that's it for me tonight. I will be getting two more images from these ladies which I will be using to create other projects over the next week or so.  Thanks for stopping by :)S

6 comments:

  1. WOW Sandra!!! Your card is wonderful!!! I love the sparkle and your beautiful colouring!!! I just bought that punch around the page and I have to use it!!! The flowers are lovely, did you make them? Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring shows wonderful texture on the birdhouse! I love the colour on colour background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous. i love the colors and that border punch is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra. Thanks for your lovely comment! I found the charms on ebay:
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Are-You-Charmed/FooD-DriNk-/_i.html?_fsub=2332295015&_sid=184738875&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
    About the patterned paper, I'm still not sure about it. It's not really my kind of colours, lol!!! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum". What a lovely blog you have. I adore the coloring on your birdhouse. The colors of the flowers with black centers are striking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love! I am not sure if you know this, but that is one of Anne Fenton's digi images. I was a guest designer for the month of March over at the Freebie Challenge group at the time I made this card. I have recently been given the amazing opportunity to join the design team of the Twisted Thursday Challenge Group permanently as of tomorrow. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be doing what I love on a website...never say never. I will stop by your blog and give you some love :)S

      Delete