Followers

Friday, March 2, 2012

I have some awesome news to share…

Well my friends, I have some awesome news to share with you today. I have been given the most amazing opportunity to fulfill one of the goals that I had set for myself this year. Now I must admit, I did not expect this particular goal to come to fruition so soon, and I am honestly over the moon that it has.
I recently joined a paper crafters website known as The Outlawz. For those of you that personally know me it’s NOT because of my past profession that I was attracted to this website, given its name and all. (ha ha). It was in fact referred to me by another one of my cyber-friends; Lisa aka, The Purple Palace.
Since I became a member I have made several cyber-friends from all over the world. How cool is that? These friends share the same passion as I do for creating beautiful things with paper, among other things. Let me tell you folks, there is some amazing talent over there that’s for sure. So if you need some inspiration than I highly recommend you get your crafty butt over there and join.
Now for my awesome news…one of my cyber-friends over at The Outlawz; Sandi Huggett is a Design Team member and a Digi Artist for the website. Sandi, along with Anne Fenton moderate one of the challenge groups on the website called the Creative Freebies Challenge. I was asked if I would like to be a guest design team member for their challenge during the month of March. Yes, you heard me correctly, I did say little ole me :) woo-hoo!
Believe it or not, I did have to ponder this amazing offer for a bit because I didn’t think I was ready to take on this role. However, I am the firm believer that nothing ventured, is nothing gained! So I graciously accepted this amazing opportunity.
This particular challenge involves being given two digital images, one created by Sandi Huggett and one by Anne Fenton. I have chosen Sandi’s image to colour up with my Copic markers, and use in a project of my choice. In order to bring justice to Sandi’s beautifully hand drawn butterfly, I chose a scrapbook page layout to do just that.
My husband and I travelled to Hawaii and French Polynesia in the South Pacific for our 10th Wedding Anniversary back in September 2009. It was one of the most amazing adventures of our lives to date. My scrapbook, as I am sure most others, is a continual work in progress. Isn’t it funny though how you can immediately see a layout in your head when you spy something that inspires you? When I saw Sandi’s butterfly I knew exactly which photos and colours I was going to use in order to bring justice to both the image and the photos .
These particular photos were taken while we spent three days at the Intercontinental Resort in Tahiti. The over water bungalow in the background was our home during our stay, the hammock in the foreground hung in wait for that impromptu nap in the shade, and of course last but certainly not least the ever attainable Mai Tai….this shot was sort of staged, I just had to move a couple of fallen hibiscus blooms a few inches to the right :)
I hope you like my layout, especially you Sandi. It was so much fun putting this together as I was filled with so many different emotions. I found myself moving forward but at the same time reflecting on my past. Thank you Sandi for giving me this amazing opportunity, and thank you friends for stopping by :)S

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, Sandra! I love the colors and how you used the beautiful butterfly! Great photos, too! Congrats on your well-deserved Guest Design spot on the CFC team! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carla. I am so out of my box right now, but in a good way :)S

      Delete
  2. Congrats Sandra!!! What an AMAZING scrapbook page! The colouring on the butterfly is exquisite and I love your layout!!! You deserve it! Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning! The image is perfect for your layout of this trip! Love the colours and your blending on the butterfly is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on you good news to share, I have some more that you may want to be excited about! Please stop by my blog as I have something special for you! It's on the Monday March 5th post! I'm sure you know where to find me! (I hope!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is breathtaking!!! I love the colors, and it made me wish I was there swinging in the empty hammock. You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe shucks, your making me blush Becca :)S

    ReplyDelete