Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Birthday Card...

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

I don’t know about you but the weeks just seem to be going by so fast. Winter never ever seems to fly by as fast as those glorious days of summer do they?

I feel kind of proud of myself though considering the fact that in the span of three weeks I have fought, and won, the battle against the dreaded flu bug and a dandy head cold. Yupper, back to back viruses and I am still standing, woo-hoo! Hey, there should be a badge for this feat, or at least a blinkie don’t ya think? LOL

I am a relative shut-in during these months because I can no longer drive, and if I don’t have hubby or a kind friend to give me a ride somewhere I am at the mercy of a pathetic public transit system. On top of that, the city where I live, and many of the local residents I may add don’t shovel their sidewalks. More often than not I find myself in the position where I have to negotiate snow banks and ice patches along the way. I use a cane due to extremely poor balance and sometimes it seems that it is actually safer for me to walk on the road if you can believe that. Freezing cold bus stops, inconsiderate bus drivers as well as people, and oh did I mention GERMS? The last time I was on the bus I sat across from a woman who insisted on continuously coughing into the aisle and never once did she cover her mouth in any shape or form. I had to bury my head into my coat and/or hold my breath in-between coughing spells. I hate taking the bus just as much as I hate Wal-Mart, and don’t start me on that story! Needless to say, I would just rather stay home.

Anyhow, today I went out for lunch with some of my favourite peeps to celebrate our friend Pat’s birthday. She is a wonderful person and a very dear friend so of course I had to make her a birthday card for the occasion. I thought I would share it with you so I snapped a pic before I sealed it up in the envelope.








I used a Magnolia-lious stamp, and yes I do own more than just Kraftin’ Kimmie stamps…this is Shy Tilda and I coloured her with my Copics using a form of Watercolouring and Distressing technique that I learned in my Color Me Creative Classroom.

Well friends, I think I will call it a day and bid you good evening as I am getting rather sleepy. Oh, and before I go I would like to take the opportunity to thank all of the lovely people that take time out of their busy schedules to stop by my blog, especially those of you that take the extra time to leave me a comment.

I so appreciate the kudos as it keeps me motivated, so please take care and stop by again soon :)S




6 comments:

  1. WOW, your colouring is awesome!!! I can't believe how fast you improve!!! I love that shade of peach, what's the combo? Hugs, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brigitte, the colours I used were R22, R20,and than R00 to blend out the edges. Then I lightly used my colourless blender, tip to tip with R20 blending out even more. I also added W3 & W1 which is when the pink became more of a vintage or distressed look. I so appreciate your comments. Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I agree your coloring is VERY beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this technique, you do such an amazing job at it!! This is one of my favourite pieces of yours! I'm glad your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete