Followers

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Finally, a Christmas card to share...

 
Hello and happy Thursday to everyone. With yesterday being hump day I actually found myself dropping some of my completed Christmas cards into the mailbox last night. Don't get excited though it was only 6 and there is a well-intended 4 to follow today.
I have been designing different Christmas cards for different groups of people on my Christmas card list. The Copic cards are very time consuming as you all know, so not everyone gets one of these. I am sure we all have people on our lists that appreciate the "hand-crafted" card so much that they keep them. This group definitely gets a card worth keeping. Then there are the people who love to receive a hand-crafted Christmas card or a Christmas card in general. The card that I make for them is one that they don’t feel guilty about tossing into the recycle bin after the holidays. Either way, any card I make is made with serious thought factored into it, but most of all it is made with love.
Today I have two Copic cards that I made for some very special people, and I can't tell you who they are because it will spoil the surprise. "Is it me, is it me?"
I used the same image, which is non-other than that cutie patootie Willard from the Kraftin'Kimmie stamps collection. (No surprise there eh?)  Each card has its own colour theme going on and I will confess that I did use one of the colour schemes that my fav, Melanie Holtz of Paper Blessings by Melanie used on a card she made last year just because I loved her choice of rich colour blends. I found him very time consuming because of his darn sweater has such a busy pattern goin' on and I think next time when I colour him I will try my hand at paper piecing to speed things up.



 
When it comes to the Copic cards, putting the whole card together takes a considerable amount of time for me, thus another reason only a certain few will get one of these cards. I hope over time and with practice I will get faster at this part. People have told me to buy paper packs where the patterned paper and coordinating card stock come together.
I did purchase one such package with lovely bright colours recently and used it when I made Angie, my winning entry to a Kraftin’Kimmie challenge this past November. I must admit there is truth to that suggestion because it did reduce the amount of time I spent on that card.  The problem is that I am geographically challenged on top of being physically challenged. I can no longer drive, and only have “pathetic” regional bus service available to me so I can’t get to places that do carry these things. I hate paying shipping fees for things that I can buy here in Canada because that just makes things that more expensive, and we all know how expensive this little hobby can be.
I hope you enjoy my cards, and I really must get back to working on them. Perhaps tomorrow I will post the card I made for the “I love a hand-crafted card that I like to keep group".
Thanks again for stopping in at the Creative Express stops here :)S

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Sandra...Willard looks awesome in both colour schemes! The time spent on colouring his sweater was definitely worth it, as you did a fantastic job. :) Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming from you Melanie that means a lot! Thanks for taking the time to comment. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Sandra....isn't Willard a HOOT!?! LOVE the colour schemes on both. Yah, that Melanie is one talented Krafty Girl, isn't she??

    ReplyDelete